Residents are encouraged to:
- Make sure all food is stored in plastic, metal, or glass containers or similar type of resealable, airtight container.
- Wash any dishes before going to bed each night.
- Place garbage in tightly covered trash cans. Place the trash in the trash room on a daily basis.
- Keep your room clean. Vacuum or sweep behind and underneath the furniture.
- Recycle newspapers, containers, and cardboard rather than letting it pile up.
- Report to the Facilities Service Center any leaking plumbing, dripping faucets, or other areas that will give pests access to water.
- Report any holes around pipes, radiators, vents in the walls, in window screens, or missing window screens, which could be giving mice access to your space.
- Keep clothing and linens in dressers, closets, or sealed plastic boxes or bags when not in use.
- Keep floors and areas around walls free of clutter.
- Keep exterior doors to residence halls closed.
Please report any pest-related and/or maintenance issues to the Facilities Service Center by submitting an online service request at cua-facilities.zendesk.com or calling (202)319-5121.